Why a new hay kitchen?
We have a new hay kitchen because of messy furry friends.
Things we tried for hay containment
- Hay bags. Caesar finds it entertaining pulling out every bit of hay and sleeping on it.
- Cardboard boxes. Ace thinks it is his toilet.
- Litter box. Works great but we really want one that is 75 by 35 to fit a 2 x 1 side of the cage.
- Just throw it in a corner. The little furry friend scatters the hay and has fun building hay architectures.
- Tissue box filled with hay. Same as cardboard box. Ace thinks it is his toilet.
- Empty toilet rolls. More as a source of entertainment and also there is only so much hay I can squash in one.
Our furry friends love it whenever something new is added to their cage because things do get a little boring when you keep seeing the same thing all the time. Ace popcorned nonstop for 15 minutes. Caesar inspected every corner of his hay kitchen and prompted left a few beans just for fun. It is awesome to see them so happy by just adding a few changes to their cage
It is a simple self constructed corflute/coroplast box, covered with a fleece liner, absorbent pad and lots of hay. Our furry friends eats, sleeps and hangout in there. One of them loves digging hay.